- Penne Pasta…I just use the whole box because I never really know how much to use.
- Broccoli florets, I normally will use two whole heads of broccoli to make me feel better about using an entire box of pasta.
- Butter, it’s in the title. So use a crap ton, like 5-6 tablespoons.
- Lemon, juiced. This can vary, I like things really lemony but my husband doesn’t. I start with a half lemon in the recipe and cut up the other half as a garnish.
- Parmesan cheese. I probably go overboard with this, so use your best judgment.
- Salt and pepper, until you’ve had enough.
- Boil pasta, I would read the box if you have to but it’s literally water, olive oil and salt in a pot and when it starts to boil add the pasta for like 9 mins.
- While that’s boiling, start cutting up your broccoli. You can either steam it or throw it in your colander. When It’s time to drain your pasta, drain it over the broccoli in your colander. It’ll cook the broccoli pretty quickly.
- Melt your butter in a skillet and add half the lemon. Once its melted add your pasta and broccoli
- Add your salt, pepper and stir.
- Once cooked, like 5 mins, place in your serveware. I literally just put it in the dishes were going to be eating from because why bother having to wash a serving bowl too?
- Add your parmesan cheese and garnish with your extra lemon.